– The Central Bank of Russia is open to allowing the use of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies for international payments.
– A senior official for the bank explained that it still believes that risk for Russia could be reasonably large.
– Russia has experienced a lot of turbulence on the matter of bitcoin and mining this past year.
– The Central Bank of the Russian Federation is open to allowing the use of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies for international payments, according to a report from Reuters.
– In principle, we do not object to the use of cryptocurrency in international transactions, said first deputy governor of the central bank, Ksenia Yudaeva.
– Yudaeva continued to explain We still believe that the active use of cryptocurrency within the country, especially within Russias financial infrastructure, creates great risks for citizens and users. We believe that in our country those risks could be reasonably large.