– North Korea is a notable region with increased activity in cryptocurrency cybercrimes and attacks.
– Many groups are posing high threats through their attack on some crypto protocols.
– A report in June disclosed that North Korea has 7 million active hackers.
– Many stolen funds running into millions of dollars have been traced back to the North Korean attacks.
– North Korea is notably struggling with some economic sanctions that have drastically limited most economic activities.
– However, the drop in resources in the country seems to create a spike in criminal activities.
– Over time, there has been a significant increase and sophistication in cyber-attacks on cryptocurrency and tech companies.
– Cyber-attack groups in the country are gradually trapping more innovative measures for implementing their actions successfully.
– North Korea is linked to massive losses of funds, such as the Axie Infinity hack of $620 million and the Harmony protocol hack of $100 million.
– Soo Kim, a former CIA analyst, stated that the North Korean regime is evolving with the trend.