– Swiss post office’s banking unit, the state-owned Postfinance, is reportedly preparing to enter the crypto market.
– The banking and financial services arm of Swiss Post is reportedly planning to offer its customers direct access to cryptocurrencies.
– Postfinance’s head of retail banking, Sandra Lienhart, was quoted as saying: “Our clients want direct access to this market through their house bank.”
– Swiss Post has been selling crypto stamps. The first collection, issued in November 2021, consisted of 175,000 crypto stamps.
– Last week, the post office announced that it is launching Swiss Crypto Stamp 2.0. “The second crypto stamp collection will be available from selected branches and at postshop.ch from 8 August 2022, with an issue of 250,000 stamps,” according to the announcement.