– The Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) has shut down an illegal crypto mining operation in Kharkiv.
– The operators of the farm have been using large amounts of stolen electricity to mint coins, threatening energy supply to critical infrastructure.
– Officers from the SBU’s Cyber Security Department, working together with the National Police of Ukraine, carried out the operation.
– The cryptocurrency farm has consumed industrial volumes of unpaid electricity, worth hundreds of thousands of hryvnia (thousands of US dollars).
– The mining operation could have potentially caused serious interruptions in the energy supply to residential areas and critical infrastructure facilities near the front line.