– Bitso is a leading crypto exchange in Latin America, with over 4 million users across five nations.
– The company hopes that crypto can help with high inflation and devalued currencies in Latin America.
– Bitso has secured seven funding rounds totaling $314 million by mid-2021, and its valuation has topped $2 billion.
– The firm offers low-cost remittance options and 35 cryptocurrencies to its 4 million users in Mexico, El Salvador, Brazil, Colombia, and Argentina.
– While crypto disciples may be largely driven by ideology, Latin Americans may have immediate fundamental needs digital currencies can help solve.
– However, crypto is likely not the end-all-be-all solution, and the Latin American market is not immune to crypto’s struggles.