The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has been investigating Coinbase for possible listing of unregistered securities.
– The SEC’s complaint against a former Coinbase employee declares that several crypto tokens offered by the exchange qualify as securities.
– The SEC’s complaint against Coinbase raises the possibility that the agency will investigate the exchange for possible listing of unregistered securities.
– The SEC’s approach to crypto has been criticized by some as “regulation by enforcement,” in which the agency makes clear its interpretation rules by punishing crypto firms that run afoul of them.
– The ambiguity around digital assets presents challenges for regulators, who are trying to figure out how to apply their authority.
– The crypto community is more explicitly ideological than other communities Neal Stephenson has advised, and he sees that as a strength.
– Peter Vessenes believes that Bitcoin is underestimated in terms of its social impact.
– VRChat’s announcement that it will crack down on user-driven modifications to the game’s code has sparked a robust response from fans.