– Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor Shaktikanta Das said people were persuaded to avoid crypto because of the banks warnings.
– Das said he was “happy” the RBI had sent warning signals about crypto, and that many people hadn’t invested because of the banks caution and concern.
– Crypto could make problems for the RBIs ability to manage monetary policy, according to Das.
– The RBI has been vocal about its concerns about the digital assets, and Deputy Governor T. Rabi Sankar said there could be an argument for simply outright banning cryptocurrency in India.
– Meanwhile, the crypto industry has been seeing a spate of hacks and bankruptcy for years now, but that has added to sales for hardware wallets.
– The U.S. Department of Justice has charged three people in a crypto scam that allegedly got them over $4 million.
– German regulator Bafin has issued a warning on the risks behind crypto assets, saying they dont fall under deposit insurance protection.