– The SEC is collecting transactional information from Zipmex after the exchange halted withdrawals in July.
– Zipmex and Akalarp didn’t meet a deadline for delivering the information, prompting the SEC’s action, the regulator said.
– The Singapore-based exchange was one of several crypto companies that fell victim to an industrywide downturn induced by bad debts and high leverages.
– Zipmex loaned $48 million to Babel Finance and $5 million to Celsius Network, both of which failed to repay their loans.
– Last month Singapore’s High Court granted Zipmex protection from creditors until Dec. 2.