– The crypto market has sunk back down into a state of extreme fear, according to Arcane Research’s latest report.
– The “fear and greed index” is an indicator that tells us about the general sentiment among investors in the crypto market.
– The metric uses a numeric scale that runs from zero to hundred for displaying this sentiment.
– All values above 50 signify that investors are greedy right now, while those below the threshold suggest a fearful market.
– End range values of more than 75 and less than 25 represent sentiments of “extreme greed” and “extreme fear,” respectively.
– The crypto fear and greed index had been recovering during July and August, after the market had earlier been under a long spell of extreme fear.
– However, the sentiment quickly fell back deep into fear, and the decline has continued now, taking the value of the index to just 22.
– The report notes that the sentiment has remained in the fearful region since April now, making it a run of five straight months of fear.