* The global financial services industry is evolving rapidly, due in part to the COVID pandemic.
* Cryptocurrencies are being adopted by businesses and financial institutions as a means of payment.
* Consumers are also increasingly interested in using cryptocurrencies to settle everyday payments.
* A lack of regulatory clarity is hindering wider adoption of crypto payments.
* However, there are some jurisdictions with crypto-friendly regulatory frameworks, which are fostering growth in adoption.