– A recent poll found that more than 70% of Americans who invest in cryptocurrency believe they have the tools to become billionaires, compared to 44% of respondents overall.
– The poll surveyed 1,989 American adults online in July.
– Crypto investors weren’t the only group with a particularly high level of confidence that they have what it takes to be like Bezos. Younger generations who happen to invest in crypto more than older groups as well as men and those who identify as LGBTQ were all much more likely to say they have the tools at their disposal to reach billionaire status one day.
– The main reason driving crypto investors is that they simply want to make money.
– FOMO, or the fear of missing out, seems to drive a lot of investors to put money in crypto, as does the urge to take chances with the hopes of getting rich quick.
– America’s love-hate relationship with billionaires: Six in 10 U.S. adults responding to the Harris Poll said they aspire to become billionaires one day. The same percentage say that billionaires are good for society, innovation and the economy.
– Other key findings from the survey: 65% of Americans think that billionaires don’t pay their fair share of taxes. 58% think that billionaires’ activities contribute to the rise in inflation. 58% resent billionaires’ wealth accumulation during the pandemic.