– Celebrities have started to explore sub-ecosystems in crypto beyond just NFTs in order to diversify their presence and investment opportunities.
– UFC superstar Connor McGregor recently partnered with Tiger.Trade, a crypto trading application, and will be featured in an in-house game that users can play to win exclusive prizes.
– Rapper Eminem purchased Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) EminApe NFT for $460,000, which depicts a gold chain necklace and khaki army cap that Eminem wears in real life.
– Tennis legend Maria Sharapova, along with other A-list celebrities such as Gal Gadot, Bruce Willis and Justin Beiber, invested in crypto payment solution MoonPay.
– Snoop Dogg’s position as an OG stands true in the world of crypto considering his proactive involvement in the space for many years.
– Boxing champion Floyd Mayweather marked his entry into the cryptoverse in 2018, promoting a high-profile crypto scam called Centra Tech.
– Hollywood superstar Matt Damon received $1 million in donations from crypto exchange Crypto.com for Water.org, a clean-water initiative co-founded by Damon and Gary White in 2009.