– The creation of a new cryptocurrency exchange by six top financial firms could substantially lower the cost of buying and selling digital assets.
– The firms behind EDX Markets include Schwab, Citadel Securities, Fidelity Digital Assets and Virtu Financial.
– The exchange will use technology from low-cost stock exchange MEMX.
– The cost of buying and selling bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies can reach 2% to 4% or more.
– EDX Markets has the potential to start a price war that, despite predictions, hasnt really happened.